There are over 1.8 billion websites. This proves two things:
- One, websites are important. (Why else would everyone want a website of their own?)
- Two, building a website is easy. (How else would almost everyone have a website?)
Well, your website is the first point of contact between you and your audience.
And website builders have made it extremely convenient for businesses and individuals to have a well-performing, beautiful-looking website in just a few minutes. With no skill and experience, at an affordable cost, and in a short time, you can have a website up and running.
Website builders have eased the process of creating websites. But finding the right builder is a challenge.
The first challenge is to identify website builders that are suitable for your needs.
And then, you need to ascertain if they have the functionalities that you’ll need. And will the website builder help create a website that can help you stand out in 2021?
To narrow down the options, we took a deep dive into the ocean of website builders software.
And here are our top picks for 2021.
Wix is amongst the biggest shareholders in the website building landscape. With 160 million websites running on Wix, it is no guesswork why Wix is a great pick.
Why Use Wix in 2021?
- Drag-and-drop Editor – Easy to get work done with minimum effort in the least possible time.
- Hundreds of Free Templates – Your website will stand out from the crowd with unique templates. Both paid and free options are available to suit your budget.
- App Market and Added Functionality – Integrations and performance enhancements are possible, which give your website the much-needed scalability.
Also, Wix Artificial Design Intelligence is a new age feature that automates certain aspects of website building. You can customize the outputs too.
Whether you are a newcomer or a seasoned web developer, working with Wix will be quick, easy, and rewarding.
Weebly is another popular website builder that is preferred by businesses. Right from an online store to a blog section, the abilities of the tool have you covered.
Why Use Weebly in 2021?
- Responsive Themes – Though Weebly has limited themes, all of them are mobile responsive.
- Membership Areas – Weebly lets you create membership areas that can be accessed only by members. This is a unique way to limit what the public sees and ensures that members have easy access to all the information.
- SEO Functionalities – Weebly comes with easy and customizable SEO functionalities to help you take your business to the top of search results.
Over 40 million websites are currently using Weebly. And with its futuristic features, it is excellent for website building in 2021.
Squarespace brings for its users a fresh burst of a modern vibe. The Squarespace homepage is enough to make you realize that you are in for a fun and fresh website building experience.
Why Use Squarespace in 2021?
- Flexible Templates – Squarespace has templates that are 100% customizable. This helps you build a website that is unique and can be customized to suit your specific needs.
- Mobile App – Squarespace has four mobile applications. These applications let you stay in control of your website even on the go. Editing and updating your website using these apps is a breeze.
- Better Blogging Features – Post scheduling, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), and rich commenting are just a few of the blogging features that Squarespace offers users.
Squarespace is not just a great website builder but also offers quick support when you use the live chat. This way, it not only lets you build sites but also helps you do that with ease.
There is no way a list of the best website builders is going to miss having WordPress. WordPress.org is a free CMS that is powering more than one-third of the web.
Why Use WordPress in 2021?
- Data Control – WordPress is an open-source platform. This means you own the data on your website. This makes sure you face no restrictions regarding information and content on your website.
- Unlimited Scope for Customization – You can use several different types of editors with WordPress. You can add plugins, widgets, and do integrations with third-party apps. And customize templates to the core. With WordPress, there is no limit to customization.
- Access to Information – Whatever information you need for website building with WordPress, you’ll get it online without much effort.
WordPress is a market leader in the website builder segment, and it isn’t getting old anytime soon. In 2021 and beyond, the scope and functionality that it offers are a welcome benefit.
Just like its name, SITE123 lets you create fully-functional and presentable websites in three easy steps. Select the design, add your content, and go live with your website.
Why Use SITE123 in 2021?
- Multilingual Website Creation – You can translate your SITE123 website into multiple languages. This helps cater to local and international markets that were out of your reach due to language barriers.
- Free Plan – A free plan that is actually free and also functional is hard to find. With SITE123, you can start building your website for free. And when you need more features, upgrade your plan and scale your site.
- Easy and Fast Website Building – Creating a website with SITE123 is like filling a form. All you have to do is enter the right content. Plus, you get auto-generated translations for up to five languages.
If you don’t have time to navigate steep learning curves, SITE123 lets you create a website in just a few minutes. This helps you save time, which is the most valuable asset for anyone in 2021.
Launched in 2012, Strikingly is among the newest players in the market. Among the top website builders software, Strikinglylets you create beautiful single-page website layouts that are perfect for portfolios and landing pages.
Why Use Strikingly in 2021?
- Single-page Layouts – Attention spans are decreasing and competition is on the rise. And single-page layouts are becoming increasingly popular because of this. Users won’t have to click through multiple pages to find what they need. You can add everything on a single scrollable page.
- Online Store Options – Strikingly lets you add up to 500 products to your online store. It does not charge you any transaction fees, and you can use the Stripe payment gateway to accept credit card payments too.
- No-fuss Designing – The Strikingly editor does a great job with all the menu options. Also, you can add a blog section and carry out search engine optimization.
Strikingly makes it strikingly simple to create single-page websites. And they display beautifully on the web and on mobile. Also, it lets you create a website with up to 20 pages (on higher paid plans). Whether you want to make a single stellar page or multiple pages, Strikingly has got your back.
Jimdo is a website builder brand that is dedicated to offering ease-of-use in every aspect. And yet, while making features easy to use, it does not lose out on functionality.
Why Use Jimdo in 2021?
- AI-based Builder – AI is the future of the world. And Jimdo integrates the AI technology into website building like no other. Jimdo Dolphin is the AI-powered website builder that does most of the job for you. You just have to feed in the right information, fine-tune what AI does and hit publish.
- High Functionality and Low Complexity – Jimdo Creator is the usual builder for those who want to do things themselves. If you use Jimdo Creator, you will see how it is loaded with features, options, and menus. And yet, it is very straightforward and simple to use. The high functionality hasn’t affected ease-of-use.
- SEO Functionalities – Jimdo’s backend gives you enough scope to implement SEO strategies. Plus, you can also use Rank Coach, its paid ranking tool.
Jimdo is making groundbreaking use of AI technology by using it in website building. And it also understands the fine balance that is required between functional and easy-to-use. A combination that will help its users in 2021 and beyond.
GoDaddy is a very popular website hosting service provider that also has a website builder. They recently revamped and updated their builder and rebranded it as Websites + Marketing. This has brought some well-received feature changes that make it a great option for 2021.
Why Use GoDaddy in 2021?
- All-round Solution – With Websites + Marketing, GoDaddy aims to offer features for marketing as well. An email marketing tool, a content creator for making social media posts, and an SEO wizard now come bundled with the website builder.
- Mobile-first Solution – GoDaddy’s Websites + Marketing builder works on mobile too. This lets you create websites from your smartphone. Needless to say, the layouts and templates are all responsive, making it easy for your audience to use your site while on the go.
- Ecommerce Options – GoDaddy lets you create an online store and start taking orders from anywhere. Though available only with the top paid plans, it is a nice offering as it comes with cart abandonment mail, Amazon and eBay integrations, and other useful features.
Website + Marketing is a one-stop-shop for your website and related marketing needs. A simple way to crusade ahead of the competition in 2021.
Webnode has 40 million registered users making it one of the big players in the website builder segment. It is a great offering for anyone who is running short on time but doesn’t want to compromise on features and results.
Why Use Webnode in 2021?
- Multilingual Experience – Webnode lets you create a website in more than 20 different languages and offers support in all these languages.
- Improved Design – Webnode had rolled out updates at the beginning of 2020 that brought with them a better shopping cart, a more direct editing experience, and a lot of good looking design enhancements. Everything that you’ll need in your website builder in 2021.
- Backup and Restore Functionalities – You can save up to five versions of your website as backup. Most people don’t realize the importance of backup and restore options, but they are important from a safety perspective. And Webnode understands this well.
Webnode is a strong and functional website builder. And they are constantly updating and upgrading themselves. And adding new features makes it great for people who like to keep up with the changing times.
Duda understands that websites need to be able to capture user attention. And with a heavy design focus, Duda makes sure your website is attractive enough to hold anyone’s gaze.
Why Use Duda in 2021?
- Broad Personalization Scope – Duda has a lot of apps and widgets that you can add to your website for added functionality and form. And you can also build apps yourself and add them to the site if you wish. This is the next level of personalization control.
- No-Hassle Customization – Many website builders confuse users while spoiling them with choices. Not Duda, though. It gives you only as much control as you need. Even if you aren’t confident with design and don’t want to do the heavy lifting, Duda has your back.
- Design Choices – Duda has over 98 templates arranged under ten different categories. All templates are responsive and equally stunning, making it Duda’s strong point.
In 2021 and beyond, the design is going to rule the web. And Duda lets you stay put in the competition even if you aren’t great at designing websites yourself.
Now you know what are the best website builders for 2021 and beyond. The next step should be to select a builder that is the most suitable for your needs.
Once you have found the most suitable from these top 10 website builders software, you can start building your website at the earliest.