Spring Framework is one of the most widely used Java EE Frameworks. It’s an open source framework with many modules that help you in developing different kinds of applications with ease. Some of the best modules of Spring Framework are Spring MVC, Spring ORM, Hibernate support, Spring Data, Spring Batch and Spring Web Flow.
There are a lot of online tutorials that you can follow, even I have written a lot on Spring Frameworks but nothing can replace a good book. Here I am sharing 5 Spring Framework Books that you should read, all these books cover most important topics of Spring Framework in detail with sample projects that you can download. Also, these books are upgraded to Spring 4 that is the latest version to date.
- Getting Started with Spring Framework: I like books where you learn concepts by examples. If you are starting with the Spring Framework, then this is the best book for you. It’s very highly rated book with more than 60 downloadable projects, all using Spring 4.
You can buy “Getting Started with Spring Framework” book from below stores.
- Spring in Action: Spring in Action (Fourth Edition) is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework that is updated for Spring 4. It covers the Spring 4 latest features and example projects for Spring MVC, REST, Security, Web Flow, and much more.
Some of the things I like in this book are Spring Data for NoSQL, Spring Annotations usage and examples for Restful web services.
You can buy “Spring in Action” book from below stores.
- Spring 4 for Developing Enterprise Applications: If you have some basic knowledge of Spring Framework and want to learn how to utilize it in the best possible way into an enterprise application, then this is the book to read. This book is designed to put your Spring learning experience on a functioning, end-to-end sample Secure Online Banking Application with different Operating Systems, application servers, and databases.
This book covers the following topics in Spring Framework.
- Spring Core Framework
- Spring MVC
- Spring Data Access (JDBC and Hibernate)
- Spring RESTful Web Services
- Spring Security
- Spring Transaction Management
- Spring Aspect Oriented Programming
- Spring Testing
- Spring Web Flow Module
You can get “Spring 4 for Developing Enterprise Applications” book from below stores.
- Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach: Some of the topics I like in this book are Spring IoC container, Spring AOP, Spring Remoting, messaging, working with big data and the cloud using Hadoop and integration with the Grails Framework.
You can get “Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach” book from below stores.
- Pro Spring: This is a getting started book for Spring 4. It’s a good book with the major focus on providing you enough information to get started and focusing more on Spring Data and integration with JPA and Hibernate.
You can get “Pro Spring” book from below stores.
There are a lot of other good books too, but these are the best out there covering the latest Spring framework version. If you have read any other good Spring framework book, please let me know through comments. I would love to read them and add to the list.