So far we have discussed about Hadoop Architecture and How Hadoop Components works. In this post, we will setup “CloudEra Hadoop VMWare With Single Node Environment” to start Hadoop MapReduce and YARN Development.
To setup “CloudEra Environment”, we need to install VMWare software in our Windows Machines.
Table of Contents
Post’s Brief Table of Cotents
- VMWare Workstation Installation
- CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Single Node Environment Setup
- CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Quick Start With VMWare Workstation
- Post CloudEra Hadoop Installation Checks
VMWare is a software, which provides Visualization services. For instance, we have Windows 7 OS PC and want to setup CloudEra Environment in Ubuntu Linux Platform. How to do this?
VMware solves this kind of problems. We can create a VMWare Ubuntu instance, then Install VMWare Workstation software in our Windows machine. Finally open that VMWare Ubuntu instance using VMWare Workstation to create a Virtual Ubuntu Linux server in our Windows Machines.
We are going to doing this to install CloudEra Hadoop Software in Ubuntu Linux Server.
VMWare Workstation Installation
Please follow these steps to install VMWare Workstation software in Windows Systems:
- Please subscribe with www.vmware.com website with your details
- Please login to www.vmware.com website with your login details
- Click on Downloads link to reach “VMWare Workstation” downloads page
- Once download is over, we will see “VMWare Workstation” software in our Filesystem as shown below
- Double click on “VMware-workstation-full-11.1.2-2780323.exe” file to install VMWare Workstation.
Here select your desired “VMWare Workstation” version from “Select Version:” dropdown window. I’ve selected 11.0 version.
Accept licence and click on “Next” button
Click on “Typical” button
Select your required Filesystem path:
Now we have installed “VMWare Workstation 11” software successfully.
One good news is that we don’t need to create CloudEra VMWare Ubuntu Hadoop instance. CloudEra has already prepared some instances, we just need to download them from their website. Now it’s time to download those instance from CloudEra website and see how to use them in next section.
CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Single Node Environment Setup
Please follow these steps to download CloudEra VMWare Ubuntu Hadoop instance and run it using our “VMWare Workstation 11” software.
- Access this link to download CloudEra VMWare Hadoop Quick Start instances
- Click on “Download Now” button from “QuickStart VMs” section
- Select required version from “Version:” dropdown box as shown below.
- It downloads “QuickStart VM with CDH 5.4.x” instance as zip file into our Filesystem as shown below
- Now extract this zip file into our Windows Filesystem
We have selected “QuickStart VM with CDH 5.4.x” version
Here click on “Download for VMware” button to download our required VMWare instance.
Now we have done CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Quick Start setup successfully.
It’s time to use our VMWare Workstation to access this CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Quick Start instance in next section.
CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Quick Start With VMWare Workstation
- Open VMWare Workstation 11 from Start menu
- Click on “Open a Virtual Machine” option.
- Select our QuickStart VMWare instance as shown below from Windows Filesystem
- Click on “Power on this virtual machine” button from right side panel to start Ubuntu Linux server with CloudEra Hadoop Single Instance.
If we observe VMWare Workstation home view, we can find four buttons in right-side panel. If we want to create our own VMWare instances, then we need to choose “Create a New Virtual Machine” option. However, CloudEra has already created QuickStart VMWare instance for us.
We just need to use that instance using VMWare Workstation.
It opens our QuickStart VMWare instance as shown below:
It may take couple of minutes to start this instance. Once is started successfully, we can see this instance home as shown below:
We have started CloudEra Hadoop Quick Start VMWare successfully.
Post CloudEra Hadoop Installation Checks
We have successfully installed VMWare Workstation and accessed CloudEra Hadoop Quick Start VMWare successfully. It’s time to check some Post installations things.
- Click on our Mouse Right Button to Open a Terminal
- Execute the following command to check CloudEra Hadoop version
We have installed Hadoop 2.6 version successfully.
That’s it all about CloudEra Hadoop VMWare Single Node Environment Setup. It’s time to start Developing some MapReduce or YARN Programs and Test them in my coming posts.
Please drop me a comment if you like my post or have any issues/suggestions.